Learn Boldly. Live to Inspire.
Texas Lutheran University has been shaping leaders who serve since 1891. TLU is a vibrant, diverse learning community where faculty, students and staff come together to work hard, grow as individuals, and commit to serving our community, our nation and our world. We are proud to be a Lutheran institution of higher learning where students of all faiths and beliefs are welcome and inclusivity is embraced.
Our students are challenged to become self-reliant learners who have the resources and information to thrive in today’s rapidly changing world.
If you value hard work, intellectual growth and being involved as a professional and a citizen, choose TLU.
An academic experience that challenges, inspires and prepares you
TLU students at every level will:
- Gain a depth of knowledge in your field of study through rigorous academic research and inquiry.
- Become capable of critically examining issues, applying what you learn and clearly communicating what you know.
- Be encouraged to act personally and professionally with a sense of deep moral purpose and obligation to serve others.
Competence shaped by learning; compassion shaped by moral integrity are the hallmarks of TLU graduates.
An institution recognized for quality, value and community service
TLU’s commitment to excellence has received recognition from a wide variety of publications and institutions for the quality and value we provide students, the working environment we offer academic faculty and staff, and the ways we give back to our community.
Recent accolades include:
- 2019 U.S. News & World Report: No. 1 “Best Value” & No. 3 “Best Colleges for Veterans” in the Western Region
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report: No. 1 “Best Value” & No. 2 “Best Colleges” in the Western Region
- 2017 U.S. News & World Report: No. 1 “Best Value” & No. 2 “Best Colleges” in the Western Region
- Washington Monthly‘s 2016 College Rankings: “Best Baccalaureate Colleges”
- The Princeton Review: 2020 Best in the West
- President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll member 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Great Colleges To Work For® by The Chronicle of Higher Education 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
A diverse community of scholars
TLU is a gathering place for students, instructors and staff from 23 states, eight foreign countries and all faith backgrounds. With 40% of our student body identifying as Hispanic, we are proud to be designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. In addition, more than 50% of our students (and many of our faculty and staff) are first-generation college students: the first in their immediate families to pursue higher education.
Take the next step now
Get started with TLU on your path to a career in nursing. Contact us today for more information about our Accelerated BSN or our Direct-Entry MSN program!